Sunday, July 6, 2008

New Clue & Our 4th of July Starts out with a Ring Ring Ring?!!??

Sandy and I hope everyone has been having a wonderful 4th of July weekend. Our 4th started out not with a bang but a Ring ring ring of our phone at 7 A.M. >:(
Yep at 7 am our phone was ringing but we let the answering machine take the call, we awoke a few hours later (ok it was more like noon but it's one of the advantages of not having any children yet). There was a message form a nurse at the hospital for Sandy saying that her son was admitted last night and that he was in the MICU but doing ok. Sandy and I were thinking "we don't have a son" must be a mix up. So Sandy called the hospital and talked with the nurse and she said your son was found laying on the road last night and was unresponsive when he was brought in but he's doing ok now. Sandy asked so just how old is this son of mine and she said 39!! Sandy explained there must be a mistake and that she doesn't have a son and hung up. After she told me I started thinking Hey 39 years old my name , address and phone number what if someone is trying to steal my identity?? So I called back the hospital and told the nurse my name is Brian I'm 39 but i'm Sandys husband. The nurse read off the address and phone number for this guy and YES it was our home address and phone #. A few hours later the hospital called back and told me things were taken care of and that there would be an investigation into how my name and number were being used for this guy.
After thinking about it for a little while I thought maybe I should file a report with the police just incase this guy has been using my name before!! So I called back the hospital and asked if a police report had been filed. The nurse told me NO there was a HUGE mix up on the behalf of addmissions. The guy picked up was another Brian Kelley!!! They wouldn't tell us how they got my address and number but if he was unresponsive when brought in didn't they check any ID he was carrying and how did they get my number?? The nurse wouldn't say but it was a HUGE mix up and the other Brian Kelley didn't know any of our personal info. Big relief there but it started our 4th off on a crazy note. Now if I can just get this other Brian Kelley to pay our Adoption paperwork loans ;-)

Well we are off to take the dogs for a walk at the beach and for a little BBQ just me and Sandy and the pups today. hope everyone had a great 4th of july and sandy and I look forward to another 3 day weekend and we get ready to head to New York City and Somewhere else you havn't guessed yet, and this other part is the whole reason for the trip. Here's todays clue:
'The Swami'

No comments: