Saturday, April 19, 2008

THE CALL the END??

THURSDAY APRIL 17th 2008 has now become the worst day of our lives.
I thought 3 miscarriages and the tubal pregnacy we went thru were hard but this this has had us up over 30 hours doing nothing but crying.
Thursday afternoon our phone rang just seconds after Sandy left the house.
I answered the phone and on the other end was Jeff Morris, Kellie and Ann from Childrens Hope!!!
Jeff asked if Sandy was home and that they had an update on our Dossier.
My heart was racing I thought "THIS IS IT THIS IS THE CALL WE ARE FINAlLY GOING TO TRAVEL AND MEET OUR DAUGHTER" well it was the "CALL" but not the call we wanted.
Jeff told me they had just recieved a call from the repersentive in Kazakhstan and that the M.O.E. had REJECTED our dossier. I was Stunned and brought to tears!! Jeff said:
The MOE didn't understand our age difference and wondered why would someone over 50 want to adopt. Jeff stated it was a cultural difference and that the average life expectancy in Russia is only 58. There was nothing wrong with our dossier it was all about AGE. Kazakhstan is now not accepting anyone over 50 years old and that this is retro active and will effect everyone. It didn't matter the age limit was 55 when we submitted our dossier Kazakhstan rejected it, no-one over 50 and used our Dossier as a sample.
I cried and couldn't even talk, I called Sandy and couldn't even get the words out.
Childrens Hope is as stunned as we are, this is the 1st time this has ever happened to anyone.
We talked with Kellie friday morning and she felt so bad for us. This was a 1st WHY US WHY NOW, WHY after everything Sandy and I have been thru all the heartbreak and pain now only more.

I don't know how we're going to be able to tell everyone, it was so hard telling our families last night. how will I going thru a day when for the past year all we hear is "ANY WORD YET" How's the Adoption?" When are you Traveling??
We are blessed to have had so many wonderful people help us along the way and I know they will all be crushed to hear the bad news.
I can't sleep, I can't open the door to the baby room we worked so hard on. All we have to see is just one little thing we did or bought and we break down. We even tried to get out and just seeing a family with a child is to much to handle.
August 6, 2006 we 1st started think about Adoption. EVERYTHING EVERYTHING ELSE HAD FAILED this was it for us. After being turned down twice we found CHI. I worked night and day, hours, days, months almost two years working on all the paperwork involved and when it wasn't paperwork I was busy working on my house getting it ready for a little girl we wanted to name Arianna Marie Kelley.
We had so much fun shopping for clothes, paint and carpeting and the Teddy Bear boarder for her room. We bought a laptop, convertor, new clothes, the loney planet travel guide and learned some Russian.
I've sold 50-50's at work, collected coke rewards bottle caps for delta sky miles (We even dug thru the trash cans at the Cherry Fest for caps with mom) and walked an entire baseball stadium for caps. I'll never forget seeing my best friend Nick and his family coming up to me with pockets full of bottle caps the collected at the game. My co-workers even made signs and have a little container at work to put caps in for us. I don't know how we'll handle work monday. This is the 1st day I've had off all year I've been working so long and so hard giving up everything for this!! so many wasted hours, days, years.
All this work just for someone to say nope. I wonder did they even think about what people go through and how about the child wishing to have a mother and father?

ALL our hopes all our dreams all I want to be is to be a Father. Every minute for the past Two Years wasted.

We really don't know what we will do now, We have been up over 30 hours crying in total disbelief why us why now ?!?!?
Why didn't Kazakhstan reject our dossier a year ago at the embassy??
Why go thru EVERY SINGLE STEP ALONG THE WAY and there was no problem until NOW, now when we should be traveling to KAZ !!!

For now we don't know what to do 3 miscarriages, a tubal pregnancy and now this. Do we really want to start all over? can we handle more HeartBreak and Pain?
We put everything we had into this adoption and are now deep in debt with nothing to show for it except a pile of useless paperwork and lots of bills.

All we do know is it won't be Kazakhstan and if you are 50 or over talk with your agency NOW!!! WE don't want ANYONE ELSE TO EVER HAVE TO GO THRU THE PAIN WE ARE.
We may look into other options but we have put EVERYTHING into this Adoption and are back to square one, do we have the heart the will and the money start all over?

We hope the best for everyone and that no one else will have to go thru this.
One more heartbroken family and 1 more child without a mama and papa.

To the little girl who would have become our daughter: Arianna Marie I'm so sorry we tried, I can only pray someone will find you and love you as much as we would have.

16 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh My gosh. I don't even know what to say . How heartbreaking. I am so sorry for all of the losses you have endured. I have been following your story for quiet awhile. We have a little girl from Karakastek and I still love to watch people bring home their kids.
Jsut remember that even though this has happened there is a bigger plan somewhere. You will be blessed with a child someday and all of this will be a distant memory!! Don't give up your daughter is waiting for you somewhere. Again I am so sorry. I will be praying for your family and your healing!!
Stacy
bssegebarth@aol.com
www.godslittlegifts.blogspot.com
www.twoheartsforhope.blogspot.com

Allison said...

Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you both in this difficult time.

~Allison

Gretchen said...

I don't know what to say. We are so sorry for this huge loss. Please know that we are thinking of you. Stacy is right on when she says there is a bigger plan.

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I am so, so sorry. I am crying for you. I simply can't imagine what you are going through. This is such an unbelievable thing to happen. It is not right to deny a child such loving parents based on something like this.

I hope you find a way to make your dream of a daughter come true. I only know you through this blog, but I have had a peek into your hearts and I KNOW what excellent parents you will be. Don't give up. There is a little girl somewhere who needs the two of you.

Aaron and Julie said...

I am so sorry, I really don't know what to say. I have tears flowing for you and am sending hugs and prayers. You are in our thoughts.

Diana said...

Hey. I've seen your blog from when we were with CHI several months ago. That is REALLY cruel of them to kick you off the blog roll.

I e-mailed you. If you want to talk give us a call.

Tracy said...

I am so sorry for this. I can't imagine the pain. You are right though... your daughter must not be in KAZ. Just hold on and keep hoping. We can not stop having faith. We have to keep believing that our children are out there.

I will be praying for you all.
Tracy

The Dusty Attic said...

We are a CHI waiting family and would follow your blog regularly for updates. I am glad you reposted your blog address so people can share your story. I can not even begin to imagine that pain and hurt that you guys are going through. My heart goes out to you. I am sure that with your determination to be parents that you will find your daughter, even if she isn't in Kaz! I you ever feel like talking email me kerryregentin@yahoo.com

Regina said...

How utterly devastating. Surely there is a silver lining in the clouds that surround you right now that will become apparent to you someday soon.

I'm sending you warm and healing wishes in this terribly painful and frustrating time.

Take care,
Regina

Michelle and Jeff said...

I don't really know what to say, but I wanted to write something. I am so sorry to hear about this devastating turn of events. My heart just hurt as I read what happened. Our prayers are with you.
Michelle

Tiffany Birt said...

We are so sorry that this happened to you. You will be in our thoughts & prayers.
Tracy & Tiffany

dnd82001 said...

I wish I had some words to ease your pain......I am so sorry this has happeneed and I my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I don't even know what else to say other than this really is terrible.

Darlene

Karen said...

How devastating. I'm so sorry to hear about your turn of events. We just got back from Kaz with a beautiful 5-year-old son. Both my husband and I are in our fifties and our agency was Tree of Life. Maybe they can help? If you'd like to talk, my email is karen_pere@yahoo.com

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

McMary said...

Brian and Sandy,
I am so sorry this has happened. I can not imagine the loss you are experiencing. It is so hard to hear how badly the children need families and then to hear something like this. My heart aches for you. I will be praying for you.

Harmondk2 said...

Words truly are not enough but are the only means we have to express our emotions. I pray that all families have your level of conviction and love you both are ready to share. Perhaps knowing that there is unknown will help to rebuild your hope and stregth. Please know perfect strangers are praying for you and your child.

Tha Harmons

Anonymous said...

We have been following your blog, and we are also adopting from Kaz. Our hearts just go out to you. I cant begin to imagine what you are going thru; I wish I have words to soothe the pain. I am so sorry this happened. Please know that we are praying, even though we havent met personally. Im sure God has a child for you, maybe not in Kaz, but somewhere. Don't give up hope;you two has so much love to give;keep pressing on. I will be praying for you two.

Pearl