Saturday, February 9, 2008

Daddy Training


So sorry everyone for not posting for 2 days. Thursday our friends took us out to Jr's Comedy club to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversery. We had so much fun and I ran into some good friends I have not seen since 1984-1985. Kurt and Adera?? (I probably butched the spelling of her name) they are good friend of my uncles and used to go camping with us every weekend during my high school days. Sandy was in 7th heaven, as we walked in a local college was having a Chinese auction SANDY'S FAV!! So many nice baskets and gift cards and lots of chocolate valentines candy. She was just a little bummed as Nick, Kurt, Carolyn and I all won something and Sandy didn't win a thing
:-( I spend a faction of what she did on tickets and I won of all things and nice school package. Backpack, pens, pencils, sparkly pens this will be great for some little boy or girl. It was a fun night and winning something a child can use really topped it off.
This weekend I'm getting some daddy training we're watching two tweenagers this weekend. Last night I learned that You-Tube has over 2000 Hanna Montana videos (I think we watched them all) and that Zac Efron is a real Hottie (high school musical). This is important stuff I need to know ;-)

Since I have a few minutes to post between Videos and dressing Zwinkies I can finally update the Guessing Game.
We have a WINNER!!!! SUZANNE'S WAS RIGHT GUESSING WE WERE MARRIED AT McDONALDS
I'm guessing that it was the Ron clue that gave it away as for the other clues:
It was not your traditional wedding!!, you may have been in a McDonalds today, McDonalds is in 121 countries but there isn't 1 in Kazakhstan (Yet)
Kudos to Kim on my over 50,000,000 clue and figuring out Almaty and Apples connection:
This is a fact I found with a McDonalds and Almaty connection:
McDonald's restaurants will buy 54,000,000 pounds of fresh apples this year. Two years ago, McDonald's purchased 0 pounds of apples. This is attributed to the shift to more healthy menu options (the Apple Pie, which has been at McDonald's for years uses processed Apple Pie Filling).
The name "Almaty" means "rich with apple"; the older Soviet-era Russian version of its name, Alma-Ata, originates from a mistake (literally means "Grandfather-apple").
As for my last clue Mayor McCheese wasn't at our wedding but Ronald as you can see was there.
So you now know we were married in McDonalds but how about the JET part. I'll just say again all of this wouldn't have been possible without JET and one more clue about this JET is that JET was both in McDonalds and in the Air.

It's a long story and I'll try to tell our McDonalds story between Hanna Montana videos.

1 comment:

Matthew Ruley said...

WOW - I can't believe it (that I got it right)! How did you ever pick Micky-D's as the place for your nuptuals? I didn't know they planned those sort of things.

I love MCDs but I'm afraid I may never have another Big Mac, I'm having my gallbladder out on Feb 25, and don't know what I'll be able to eat afterwards... Sniff, sniff...