Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The McWedding Story


Ok now that everybody knows that we were married at McDonalds here's the story behind it.
McWedding Part 1
Many Many years ago after dating Sandy few several years I decided I wanted to pop the question, but just how should I go about POPPING IT Humm???. I was working for a vending company and every saturday Sandy would help me tend to my machines. Every weekend the 1st thing Sandy would do was get a cup of hot cocoa (Sandy loves her chocolate). This got me thinking what a surprise it would be to set up the next cup in the machine to have the ring in it, Sandy would get her hot cocoa drink it find the ring and when Sandy found it I would POP the Question. Well I needed to distract Sandy and was away from the machine just long enough for someone else to come along and buy a cup (the cup with the ring in it) without my knowledge. Well Sandy gets her cocoa and is drinking it and well NO RING!!! She finished her cocoa, tosses the cup and wonders why I'm freaking out. After several anxious moments this guy comes back and tells me I don't want to marry you but maybe she will. I guess the surprise was on both of us. As you can see from our wedding picture above the cups of Hot Cocoa in our hands. Now this ring was not the actual diamond ring I gave sandy, I hid her wedding ring in a Easter egg and had Sandy go on a Easter egg hunt Easter morning. So ok now we are engaged how did we come about getting married at McDonalds?
Tune in tommorow for part 2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet you were totally freaking out when the ring was not in that cup!

Is the thing about the JET coming up? Still have not figured that out.